Sunday, July 27, 2008

A splash of color...

A rainy, dreary day here has left me housebound and looking for some sources of color to fight off the gray coming in through my windows...

My first embroidery project, a dragonfly, recently filled in with some bright and cheery hues. I'm quite pleased with my work- a few issues here and there, both with the stitches and with my freehanded design... but I think it has character, and the process taught me a great deal...

A summer squash, tomato & green pepper plucked from my garden this morning during a lull in the rain. I fear the tomato (the first to turn red) was picked too early- it came off in my hand accidentally as I was giving it a once-over. The green pepper may also have had some growing to do- but its my first foray into gardening, and I'm erring on the side of caution, worried about bugs, rot and disease coming in overnight and denying me a proper harvest. Either way- this threesome is brightening up my kitchen counter and offering a taste of sunshine, even if we can't bask in it at the moment.

And about two yards of a "Flutterby" fabric by Tula Pink. I love these little bumblebees... and I think I'll make them into a skirt perhaps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've already mentioned...but I think your dragonfly came out great. Your satin stitching rocks!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online