Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yearning for Fall... and Legwarmers

I can't even begin to express to you how much I love fall. I yearn for it 9 months out of each year... the cool crisp air, sweet smell of dead leaves in the yard, the colors are nice (especially here in New England) but more then that I love the feel of fall... chilly in the morning so you can see your breath, an afternoon spent lounging outside in jeans & a hoodie... not so cold you need a coat, but cool enough that curling up under a blanket with a book next to an open window during a rainstorm makes for an amazing day... nights you can cuddle underneath a mountain of blankets... oh how I miss it!

Another thing I love about the coming of September is putting away the summer clothes and pulling out my soft cuddly sweaters, long-sleeved tshirts, knit hats and... dare I say, legwarmers? I know that technically they went out of style in the 80's- but I think its about time for a full-revival of the look. They make any knee-length skirt more warm and comfy, and shorter skirts (with those cute heels!) more sexy... I don't know if I could handle the return of leotards & step aerobics, but I think legwarmer may have been the baby, tossed out with the bathwater!

I could talk until I'm blue in the face- but let me share some photos that will help make my point...




All three of these patterns are available from yearofthegoat's etsy shop.

And if you're not good with yarn, how about these adorable fleece versions? Created by Craftster's LauPre, she's even been good enough to share a tutorial here!



So what do you think? Time to bring back legwarmers once and for all?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, share your adoration for autumn days. I'm sure that my days in L.A. aren't as lovely as New Englands, but I digress...

Part of the beauty of fall is pulling out all the warm, fleecy, cozy clothes. Leg warmers seem so 80's but these are sooo chic. Very updated and fresh. If I knew how to crochet/knit I would make these in a heartbeat!

allie aller said...

These legwarmers are to die for.
If I was 24 instead of 54......

Thanks for swinging by my blog. Means a lot to hear kind words from a young 'un like yourself. So glad you are carrying on the fine tradition with a needle in your hands!
~Allie

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online