Monday, August 18, 2008

Socklady

While I was in Vermont this weekend, I discovered another little goodie... and even though they aren't completely handcrafted, they started out that way, so I'm going to say that counts enough to be posted here. Besides, its my blog, and I just freakin love these socks...

From their website:

Marianne Wakerlin, the Socklady is the founder and owner of Sol Mate Socks. The company is named after her mom, Sunny, who taught Marianne how to knit. Marianne continued to knit for the next 40 years, but it wasn’t until she started knitting socks that her real passion was born.

"I found it exhilarating, designing a pair of socks that didn't match and were knit in random patterns with multiple colors. I loved my finished socks!"

Within a few years Marianne had knit over one hundred pairs of socks for family and friends, and she decided to turn her hobby into a business. Her colorful and complex patterns are knit in the USA at a family owned knitting mill, hand finished and mismatched. The company is run from the Socklady’s home in central Vermont, surrounded and inspired by the woods, brook, gardens and hills of the countryside.







They are incrediably soft, and totally comfy... I picked up a pair called "Zinnia" (the bottom pic), and they certainly will not be my last!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are really cute!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online