Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Headed back to school... again.

Yep, after 4 years of being without homework, assignments, tests, lectures and the like, I've decided to go back and do it all again. Alright, maybe not "all again", because I'm quite sure I'm entirely too old to stay out at all hours of the night partying like I used to...

But I have decided to start taking Graphic Design classes at a local community college. Today I meet with a counselor and hopefully sneak into one of the last remaining seats in a class I'm just dying to take (please cross your fingers for me!). Technically I'm already a graphic designer by trade- but I lack any formal education on the subject (I was a Cognitive Science major the first time I went to college) and I think some classes could really help me grow my talent. I also think that at 27, and after four years in the "real world", I'm ready to take furthering my education a lot more seriously then I did at 21. Not to mention, avoiding random filler classes like statistics and physics to round out my course schedule will help me put more focus on the classes I do see as relevant to my life...


**quick update, I did indeed get a seat in the class I needed (a pre-req to all the others), so I'm now officially a "student" again... and very excited about it!

In light of this, I'd like to share some fantastic "Back to School Essentials" from
JC handmade's adorable Etsy shop... I will definitely be stocking up before September...





1 comment:

jenclair said...

Good luck in your school life! It made a great difference to me when I went back the first time after graduating. Suddenly I had a completely new attitude when I was paying for it!

Love the "school supplies" - Thanks for the link.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online