Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tour of my craft room...

I spent much of the weekend reorganizing my favorite room, my craft studio! And now that I've finished, I wanted to take a few moments to share. The photos aren't great- one of the rooms best features are the huge windows & sliding doors, which are great for crafting, but horrible lighting for photos!

This is the main wall- my sewing machine & cutting table.
A couple of spare chickens, a poppet "Lilith" and my mason jars of buttons... all color-coordinated.

My Janome Sew-Precise... since she's pretty much the most important thing in the room, I figure she deserve's her own photo!


You can see here that I have a huge "Inspiration Board" behind my machine, just a bunch of printed photos of projects I've seen and loved... some of my own, but mostly things I found online.


The room was originally an office/library- so there is no shortage of floor to ceiling bookshelves. This one is home to my craft books, patterns & magazines. I also have some ikea shelves, decoupaged with Amy Butler scrapbook paper.

A couple close-up shots of my craft library...


This is my attempt at some serious organization- separate plastic tubs for my bias tapes, notions, ribbons, elastics, scissors, clay, beads, stick-ball thingies, foam ball thingies, glues, magnets, beads, embroidery floss, doll parts, soap-making supplies, yarns, stamps, popsicle sticks... you get the idea.

And the second most important thing in my craft room- my stash!! (Or at least a large portion of it). I recently found out that cardboard comic book boards make excellent "mini-bolts" so I can keep my fabric folded and displayed neatly!

This is a recent addition- I went through my THREE huge laundry baskets of "scrap fabric" and sorted it out. I ironed the larger pieces and put them in plastic tubs by color... the smaller scraps went into ziplock baggies, also by color. It took forever, but I think it might actually encourage me to USE some of this great fabric for smaller or patchwork projects.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your craft room is fantastic! Everything is so neat and pretty! I love how you have all of your sewing thread on the wall like that. And the way you have found for storing fabric neatly is wonderful!
~Emily

Stephanie said...

LOVE the room! THe fabric/comic cardboard idea is brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful room! I wish I had something like that, and your books looks so yummy! I want to dive in and read them all!

Blackbird Pie said...

Wow, great job organizing everything. I'm jealous of your shelf space!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online