Wednesday, August 20, 2008

... and I work in a button factory...

My Memere (French-Canadian Grandmother, and the origin of much of my crafty-ness) recently came into a large amount of fabric, patterns, wood pieces and other crafty goodies... and by "large amount" I mean enough to fill a truck. Twice. Seriously.

And so what is she to do but call up myself and a couple of my aunts for a free fabric feeding frenzy? I'm actually pretty proud of myself, to avoid physically being pushed out onto the street by my own fabric stash, I kept the taking to a minimum and snagged nothing (well, almost nothing) that I wouldn't have bought for myself at the store. Sorta.

Anyway, one of my prizes was a HUGE bag of buttons... and I love collecting buttons. They're so small, so colorful, so unique, and you just never know when one will come in handy! I'm looking forward to sitting down with my new collection and sorting them into mason jars by color... I know, thats a little sad isn't it? Oh well...

Anyway, here are some fun Flickr photos of "Button Crafts" I found today while searching for inspiration.


Credits:

6 comments:

jenclair said...

Lucky You - that is a great haul! Are you a Button Floozy?

Cindy said...

That is some fantastic button work. Congratulations on your new babies I am sure you will give them a good home - Remember she with the biggest stash wins

kiddlebug said...

I can't even count how many times my kids and I have said "Hello, my name is Joe....and I work in a button factory." That is too funny!
Nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some serious buttonage! That suit is amazing! Thank you for including our giant button bib :)

Lisa said...

Yay free stash enhancement!

(I also used to call my French grandmother Memere.... haven't come across many others that used that term!)

Relly said...

oooh my button trees are there :)
I love buttons!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online