Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crafternoon!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have three fabulous & crafty ladies over for an afternoon of food, fun, and of course, crafts!

Tracy, Nici (of ArtShapedWorld) and I made faux-quilted holiday ornaments from scrap fabric & styrofoam balls...

As Nici demonstrates here, the first step is to use a sharpie to divide your ball into 8 wedges... then you use an exacto knife to make deep cuts on those lines...

Then you take your leaf-shaped piece of fabric and using the back of your knife, press it into the cuts you've made...

Tracy is showing us that here on her gorgeous ornament... I just loved this one, so retro-modern! The fabric she's using are all Chez Moi by Moda... and they match her shirt pretty well too!

When you're crafting, even a mess can look beautiful & inspiring!

Here are two of the ornaments that I made...

And the very talented Nici's collection! She's so great with embellishments!

Sarah was working on some crocheted Christmas gifts...

Some very lucky recipients if you ask me... can you believe she only picked up her first hook this past summer?

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Love the ornaments! Beautiful! I'm wondering if I'll have time to add your idea to my already too ambitious list of Christmas crafts! And how great to have friends over to craft with!

Tacha said...

Sounds like it was fun! Great ornaments!

Angela Yosten said...

Those are too cute... now I am trying to figure out how I can squeeze these in with all the other handmade gifts I am trying to make this year! Great Idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those ornaments are so cool! What an awesome way to use the scraps of fabric we crafters have lying around the house. I'm totally going to try my hand at this project. Thanks for sharing!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online