Monday, September 1, 2008

WIP(s)

I haven't posted since Thursday... I apologize, its just been a busy weekend. We had quite a bit going on, all good stuff... a Jack'n'Jill, some good friends visiting for a BBQ, hiking with the doggies, a Labor Day family picnic... and celebrations of Mike's birthday, including the purchase (and building) of a grill, and (much to his excitement) a Wii. I must admit, the Wii is more fun then I would have expected.

But all this resulted in very little time for crafting, blogging, or even sleep... which brings us to my topic for the day, "Work In Progress". We all have these, perhaps even dozens of them, and they plague us, reminding us of all the plans we've made... and let life get in the way of. Sure, we can't spend ALL of our time crafting, and the things that get in the way are often just as, or even more fulfilling (like this weekend)- but wouldn't it be nice to have the time to sit down and just finish these darn things?

I'd like to share a few of mine with you...

This pile of uber-soft flannel will eventually be PJ pants... the dark pirate fabric is for the boy, and the other three, for me. It seems like personal projects are usually the first ones I put aside...


The "Buy a Bunch of Cheap & Ugly Dog Collars at Target, Take Them Apart and Use the Hardware to Make My Own, Much Cuter Collars Project"...


A baby blanket a co-worker asked me to make for her grandson, due in November. This one is the most likely to be finished in the next couple weeks... fabric is "Boy oh Boy" by Lakehouse...


A headless poppet...


Two skirts, for myself of course... the fabric on the left is from Tula Pink's Flutterby line, and the plaid one on the right was randomly inherited...


This is a collection of 5x5 inch pieces of Amy Butler's August Fields fabric line... the plan is to choose a few of them, order larger quantities, and then eventually reupholster our couch, chaise & chair...


Five handbags... very close to finished, but just not quite there- currently gathering dust in the corner of my craft room...


There are more. Many, many more. But perhaps listing some here will help me find the time & energy to get them finished... or maybe I'll just set them aside again, so I can try out that adorable giraffe stuffie pattern I got last week... or the embroidery design that's been rattling around inside my head... or that ring-stacking baby toy I wanted to try out...

Who am I kidding? I'm hopeless!! :)
What WIPs have been plaguing you lately?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online