Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Book Club

On August 13th I introduced to you the Crafty Daisies Book Club, explaining that the first book of this new group was The Big-Ass Book of Crafts, by Mark Montano... And then I never completed my project, and consequently never posted my photos on the Crafty Daisies Book Club Flickr Page. Whoops!

I just didn't like it. The book, that is. It wasn't my thing. It was a bit too "glue a few random things together and they become something else!" for me. I prefer actual patterns, detailed instructions, and really new & exciting ideas. I don't want to put the book down- it was well-done, just not really my cup of tea.

And like you, I'm sure, I just don't have the time to spend on things that don't really inspire me.

That said, the next book the club will be reading is one I've been wanting to pick up for ages... and one that I think will be really exciting...


Lotta Jansdotter’s book Lotta Prints: How to Print with Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum, ISBN 081186037X, ISBN13 978081186037.

This is the same talented woman that wrote a book I can personally recommend...

"Simple Sewing" is an excellent book for either a beginner sewer... or an more advanced person that loves new, fresh & simple ideas. Lotta frequently works in linens, and after spending some time with this book, I really fell lin love with them too!

If "Simple Sewing" is any indication, then I am going to love "Lotta Prints"!

Just to recap the Book Club for those of you just joining us... Every 4-6 weeks we “discuss” a craft book as follows:

Make one project out of the book that is due for the next book club meet-up
Explain why you chose that project
Discuss the clarity of the instructions, the layout of the book, the illustrations, other projects in the book, and whether you liked the book or not
Suggest one book for the next book club
The "discussions" are posted online, and photos are uploaded to the
Crafty Daisies Book Club Flickr Page.

The
Crafty Daisies Book Club will virtually meet on Wednesday, October 22nd.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online