Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dotee Dolls



Every so often an exciting new craft makes its debut over at Craftster, and this time it's Dotee Dolls!
Originated by artist Dot (of Dot's Life and Art), Dotee Dolls are miniature art dolls- recognizable by their round felt faces (embroidered or painted in various forms) and intensely embellished bodies. They remind me of many Goddess Dolls I've fawned over in the past- and I love the pure creativity that goes into making them.

Dot says on her blog: "My intention behind my art has always to bring color and happiness to people. And to connect to people from different parts of the world. Bring us all a bit closer together.Artists who are making Dotee dolls understand what they are about -spreading friendship, love and joy. Isn't that fantastic?"


Here are a few I love from the recent Craftster "Dotee Doll Swap"-


And here is a fun little YouTube Video- How to Make a Dotee Doll

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online